What to do if Aadhaar is lost

The first step should be to file an FIR. That means go to the nearest police station and file a First Information Report (FIR). The FIR must mention that the property papers are missing, lost or stolen. The owner may retain a copy of this FIR for future reference.

After filing the FIR, publish a notice in English and local language newspapers stating the loss of property documents. Matters like missing documents, property details and contact details should be specifically mentioned in the advertisement. Anyone who finds the documents can contact you this way.

The next step is to prepare a complaint stamp paper regarding the loss of documents and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. It should be submitted along with property details, details of missing documents, copy of FIR and copy of notice published in newspaper. It must be notarized.

Documents Required for Duplicate Aadhaar

Application should be submitted to the property registrar along with a copy of the FIR, newspaper notice, share certificates issued and attestation by a notary to obtain a duplicate copy of the sale agreement. The prescribed fee must also be paid to the Registrar’s Office for obtaining duplicate Aadhaar.