Thozhilurappu Padhathi In Kerala : The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment (Thozhilurappu Padhathi) Guarantee Act, 2005 (MGNREGA) informed on September 7, 2005 command to give something like 100 days of ensured wage work in a monetary year to each provincial family whose grown-up individuals volunteer to accomplish incompetent manual work. The program is request driven.
The Phase I of the Scheme was advised in 200 areas of the country on second of February 2006. Wayanad and Palakkad locale were remembered for the principal period of execution. Hence, Idukki and Kasargod regions were remembered for the subsequent stage informed as on 1.4.2007. As on 1.4.2008, the Scheme was stretched out to the leftover areas.
Thozhilurappu Padhathi In Kerala
The center goals of the Scheme are the accompanying:
· Providing at least 100 days of incompetent manual work as a dependable work in a monetary year to each family in provincial regions according to request, bringing about making of useful resources of recommended quality and toughness
· Strengthening the occupation asset base of poor people
· Proactively guaranteeing social consideration
· Strengthening Panchayat raj establishments.
Therefore, Idukki and Kasargod locale were remembered for the subsequent stage informed as on 1.4.2007. As on 1.4.2008, the Scheme was reached out to the leftover areas.
The State directly from initiation has found a way a few strong ways to guarantee quality and responsibility in the execution of the Scheme as follows:-
· Hundred percent execution of the Scheme is at the Grama Panchayat level
· Each specialist is needed to open a Bank/Post office/Cooperative Bank Account and the wages are credited to the laborer account. There is no shared service
· Each ward is having a Vigilance and Monitoring Committee (V and MC) to direct the execution of the Scheme
· The Grama Panchayat Secretary is the enrollment official under Mahatma Gandhi NREGS. The GP Secretary is helped by an Assistant Secretary (in 864 GP out of the all out 978 GPs) in the execution of Mahatma Gandhi NREGS. Likewise, the bookkeeper and one area assistant in the Grama Panchayat completely manages the everyday undertakings of the Scheme at the GP level. Further, every Grama Panchayat is having two Village Extension Officers who are likewise supporting the GP Secretary in the execution of Mahatma Gandhi NREGS. To help the Grama Panchayat Secretary, information passage administrator cum bookkeepers and Engineers/Overseers are given on agreement to a time of one year which can be stretched out by the GP. The choice of the agreement staff vests upon the concerned GP.